When it comes to child relocation Missouri law has a procedure that must be strictly followed if one parent is seeking to relocate with a child.

Every parenting plan provides that a parent seeking to move must provide specific information to the other parent via certified letter and must allow the other parent time to object to the relocation.

Relocations can be a highly contested issue. The court will consider whether the relocation is in the best interests of your child. If your child’s other parent has moved without giving you notice, you can file an objection and a motion to modify custody with the courts. The court can order that the child be returned to their original residence and that the other party is required to pay your attorney’s fees for objecting to the relocation.

Contact Our Child Custody Lawyers

Our attorneys are available to discuss your child custody and relocation issues. Contact the St. Charles lawyers of Flesner Wentzel. Call us at 636-442-4529. We offer flexible payment plans. Se habla Español.